Recommendations for patients after surgery with implants
- RECOMMENDATIONS FOR PATIENTS AFTER...
- 2 hours after the procedure, do not eat to avoid accidental nagryzienia soft tissue (this is the time it takes to step down action anesthetic)
- for 24 hours to avoid hot, spicy foods with a hard consistency as favorable for bleeding
- by the first day after surgery recommended to consume soft, cold foods ie. ice cream and yogurt. For a few days it is advisable to biting and chewing on the side of the non-dependent
- it is important to drink plenty of water, avoid drinking through a straw
- for 3-4 weeks, non-smoking due to the disruption of the healing process of tissues (return to smoking after that time the sole responsibility of the patient!)
- for 2-3 weeks, depending on the type of surgery effective brushing the operated only with a special brush and no post-operative use of other mechanical means of hygiene, your doctor may recommend refraining even from brushing the treated area within a few-dozen hours after surgery.
- the mouth should be rinsed from the day of surgery 3 times daily with a chlorhexidine solution prescribed by your doctor
- despite these difficulties should maintain a good oral hygiene
- some symptoms (pain, swelling, bleeding, bruising, numbness operated area) is the normal state after surgery. They can be reduced by using medications prescribed by a physician
- soft tissue swelling is normal after surgery, is achieved the greatest intensity after 48 hours, and can persist for several days
- to reduce edema is recommended to use cold compresses the first 12 hours. the skin over the operating site. Compress should be applied for 10-15 minutes, then making a one-hour break. Avoid direct contact with the skin of ice.
- after dental surgery bleeding occurs very rarely, but every surgery carries a risk
- in case of bleeding head should be lifted and body position half way up
- In case of no regression of bleeding, call your doctor performing surgery
- in the operated area may occur varying degrees of bruising of the skin which should not be a cause for concern. Within about 10 days bruising resolves spontaneously.
- recommended for 12 hours. avoidance of physical exercise
- if it were established stitches should be removed after 7-10 days
- follow closely to the amount and frequency of receiving prescribed medications
- 14 days after surgery following removal of stitches and dressing
Contact your doctor
- if the pain does not subside despite the use of drugs
- If bleeding persists despite the use of re-swab follow up
- if on the third day it comes to the severity of edema
- if you have a fever
- if you have any questions